Thursday, February 9, 2017

Building a Business Creation Engine

Recent research published in MIT SMR suggests that most new business models in established companies follow a consistent path, beginning with the creation of the model/business unit, then shifting to sustaining and growing the business, and ultimately moving to wringing efficiency from it. Understanding these steps is crucial to creating a successful process for repeated business model innovation.

In January 2017, Clayton M. Christensen and Derek van Bever, coauthors of the MIT SMR article, “The Hard Truth About Business Model Innovation,” led a webinar on how business models evolve over time. They demonstrated that an understanding of these stages allows leaders to correctly categorize the innovation opportunities they are considering in terms of their fit with their existing structure and priorities.

The speakers discussed:

  • The three stages of the business model journey, and how interdependencies among business model elements change over time
  • How to evaluate the fit between an opportunity and an existing business
  • Why a company should focus on creating new business models, rather than changing existing ones
  • How to turn an event — the act of creating a new business and a new business model — into a repeatable process

Building a Business Creation Engine

1 comment:

  1. “I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete